St. Mark’s Church – Philmont, NY

Philmont St. MarksDeacon Vicar: The Rev. Mark McDarby
Location: Main St. & Maple Ave.
Mail: PO Box 628, Philmont, NY 12565-0628
Telephone: (518) 672-4062
Webpage: StMarksPhilmont.com
Send email
Hudson Valley Deanery

St. Mark’s, Philmont, began as a chapel on Fowler’s Block, The gift of land by the Aken family is where the new church was built. The cornerstone was laid in 1885 and the church was consecrated by Bishop Doane. In 1892 the cornerstone for the parish hall was laid. The first priest to serve was the Reverend John D. Kennedy. The Vicar Reverend Mark McDarby is currently in charge.