St. Luke’s Church – Chatham, NY

Chatham, St. Luke'sPriest-in-Charge:
The Rev. Brenda Nickles
Location: 12 Woodbridge Ave, Chatham, NY 12037
Telephone: (518) 392-2278
Hudson Valley Deanery

St. Luke’s, Chatham: On October 1, 1883, the Rt. Rev. William Coswell Doane, First Bishop of the Diocese of Albany, fully organized St. Luke’s Mission, Chatham Village, Columbia County, New York. In 1884 procedures were begun to start a fund for the construction of a church. The cornerstone of the church was laid on the Feast of St. Bartholomew, August 24, 1892, with the Christmas service of that year held in the Guild room. On Easter day, 1893, the Church was fully completed and opened for Divine service.  St. Luke’s strength lies in its ability to have been an active witness for Christ in the  community, changing with the demands of the times, and with generations of faithful prayer warriors.