St. Luke’s Church – Cambridge, NY

Cambridge, St Luke'sRector: Fr. Matt Baker
Location: 4 St. Luke’s Place,
Cambridge, NY 12816
Telephone: (518) 677-2632
Send E-Mail
Homepage: St. Luke’s Online 
Upper Hudson Deanery

St. Luke’s, Cambridge: In September 1866, a charter was granted for a church in Cambridge, as part of the Diocese of New York.  St. Luke, the “beloved physician”, was chosen as the patron saint of the new church.  The cornerstone was laid on July 9, 1867 and the first service was held November 24, 1867.   In September 1870 the church was consecrated by Bishop Doane.  After a fire significantly damaged the church, a service of Thanksgiving was held in June 1892 to celebrate its restoration.  In 1906 renowned designer Louis Comfort Tiffany was hired to redecorate.  St. Luke’s Church has 15 Tiffany stained glass windows and one of the few remaining complete interiors by Louis C. Tiffany in the USA.