Christ Church – Ballston Spa, NY

Ballston Spa, Christ ChurchRector: The Rev. Derik H. Roy, Jr.
Deacon: The Rev. Lynne Crimi
Deacon: The Rev. Gilbert DeLaura
Deacon: The Rev. Albert E. Moser
Deacon: The Rev. William Pearson
Location: 15 West High St.,
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
Telephone: (518) 885-1031
Homepage: Christ Church
Upper Hudson Deanery

Christ Church, Ballston Spa, was formally recognized by the Diocese of New York on June 27, 1787,   then rebuilt on Front Street and consecrated on August 11, 1818. In 1835, the present location was purchased to construct the beautiful structure which is now our church home. Its cornerstone was laid on October 5, 1860, and work was completed in March 1862. The English Gothic style church was designed by architect Richard Upjohn & Co., NYC, and features a tall spire, exquisite rose window, and side buttresses. The new church was designed by Rev. Charles Babcock, son of a former pastor Deodatus Babcock and son-in-law to R Upjohn and Co, the architectural firm that also designed Trinity Church Wall Street.